Skip to main content

What are the advantages/disadvantage to this option:

Visio import: Convert to Lucidchart shapes (beta)

Thanks.

Hi Paul thanks for posting in the community! The traditional Visio import tool in Lucidchart makes an effort to maintain both style and functionality of your original Visio diagram. The "Convert to Lucidchart Shapes" option on the other hand will convert your Visio shapes to Lucidchart ones. While this may result in your imported diagram not looking visually identical to your original Visio diagram and may require additional style and formatting within Lucidchart a greater emphasis is placed on shape functionality which allows your shapes to remain more editable and functional than they would with the traditional import. 

For more information on our Visio import tool please take a look at this Import Files from Visio Gliffy Draw.io and OmniGraffle article and let me know if you have additional questions below. 

This was helpful.  I tried both import options and they look identical so I'm going with the converted shapes.

I recommend adding this level of detail to the link you provided.

Thanks.

I realize this is a "Beta" feature. Are there plans to give the converted shapes the ability to be swapped for other LucidChart Shapes? This option is currently grayed out for converted shapes.

Hi there 

Thanks for continuing this thread! This feature is not currently on the roadmap however we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed directly to the product development team for their consideration.