Skip to main content

After a brainstorming session you likely have many kinds of ideas to sort through ranging drastically in quality feasibility and potential for moving forward. To drive action in your team and make use of what you’ve brainstormed it’s crucial to categorize your ideas in order to have a clear understanding of what to do next.

For example after brainstorming needs for planning an event I often have action items assigned to different members of the team - we often do this using Tags for each person’s tasks. Lucidspark’s Sort tool is an easy way to compile these for each team member so we don’t have to sort them by hand or worry about any of them getting missed in the process. Below you can see all of the ideas contributed during brainstorming. 

Each sticky note containing a task is tagged with a team member’s name and some items are tagged with multiple members such as the “organize kick-off meeting” example below:

In order to quickly sort tasks by each team member I navigated to the Primary Toolbar chose the Organize option and then chose to Sort.

In this instance I wanted to Sort by tag but it’s also possible to Sort by color or vote. The description below each option provides a preview of how the sticky notes will be sorted; first Lucidspark lists the number of sticky notes that have that attribute then lists the number of unique versions of that attribute there are. In this Tag example below there are 9 total sticky notes that have a tag and 5 unique tags which means those 9 sticky notes will be sorted into 5 containers. 

In my event planning example after I chose the Sort by Tag option Lucidspark placed all of the sticky notes into a container corresponding to the tagged team member. Note that for sticky notes which are tagged with multiple team members such as the “organize kick-off meeting” example above the sticky note is duplicated for each team member and placed in their container. 

Ultimately sorting allowed me to quickly and easily help my teammates move forward with the action items they’re responsible for! At a quick glance they can see what tasks belong to which collaborator. For more information please take a look at the Sort article from the Lucidspark Help Center and post any additional questions below.

I am on a LucidSpark board in May of 2022 and looking for the sort function. It seems to have moved. Help!

Hi Marybyers thanks for posting in the Lucidspark Community! It should be possible to access Sort both from the Primary Toolbar to the left of your canvas and from the Container Options icon in the Context Toolbar that appears when you select multiple sticky notes. For a quick overview of both of these options please review this section of our Sort article from the Lucidspark Help Center.

If you're not able to find the Organize icon in the primary toolbar you might need to search under 'More tools':

You can then click on the pin icon to pin that option to the Primary Toolbar and move it out of 'More tools'. Hope this helps!