Skip to main content
Solved

Using Greek alphabet, adding layers, and removing line jumps in Lucidchart

• 15 April 2015
  • 1 reply

I have three questions while drawing maps to illustrate  human metabolism 

1) How can we include Greek alphabet letters in our drawing

2)How many layers can we have maximum?

3) We want to draw an arrow that has two lines crossing the arrow (see attachment). We tried to use two lines but at the place where the lines intersect with the arrow the line is no longer straight. That's not what we want. We also try using equation marks but the background of the equation is not transparent. it blocks part of the arrow.  Not sure how to proceed

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 4.04.20 PM.png

Hi Weichao

I'm glad to hear that you're using Lucidchart for your project! Let me address your questions:

1) You have two options for inserting Greek letters:

First option. You can simply use Unicode entities for these characters. If the font that you're using includes greek letters you should be good. Try copying and pasting the characters from this page for example: http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/bylanguage/greekchart.html 

pasted_image_at_2015_04_15_03_16_pm_360.png

Second option. You can use our Equations shape library and enter greek letters as LaTex codes. Go to the Library Manager -> Find "Equations" enable the library and drag out an Equation block into your document. Try entering the character codes as seen in this screenshot:

2) There shouldn't be a limit on the number of layers you can make in a document. Please let me know if you're running into problems.

3) What you're describing is called "line jumps". You can turn them off by opening Document Settings under the File menu. Within the Lines section, simply toggle off Show line jumps

Let me know if that resolves your issues!

Dmitry