Skip to main content

Hi I have about 200 excel records that I would like to use in order to make 200 uml diagrams. The shape for each diagram is essentially the same I just need to use the excel sheet to provide a unique ID and name for the uml for each individual record. I'm having trouble determining the best way to go about this without creating 200 umls on my own. I currently have a lucidchart student account but I'm willing to pay to upgrade if it will assist me with this issue.

Hello Jacob

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately it is not currently possible to generate a UML diagram by importing an Excel file. The only method to automate the creation of a UML diagram within Lucidchart is by pasting your diagram markup in the UML Sequence Markup builder. This article about UML Sequence Markup in the Lucidchart Help Center describes how you can use this feature. If what you've described is a functionality you'd like to see added to Lucidchart in the future please submit a feature request form. Feedback submitted to this form is passed directly to our product development team for consideration.