Skip to main content

Hi!

I am in the middle of generating a flow using UML mark-up and i really need to use different colors to differentiate some of the flows that are really sub flows. Is there anyway to use different colors by line, I have tried highlighting one line and then changing the color but it does not work. It may not be possible, but thought I would ask!

Thanks,

Paul

Hi @Paul McCabe 

Your finding is right, UML markup editor doesn't natively support changing individual line colors within the markup.

Please confirm you're using the standard line styling option, specifically the Line Color tool from the formatting toolbar, With the help of Add and style lines in Lucidchart – Lucid

---------------------------------------------------------

We also look forward to hearing from other community members and associates, who may have alternative suggestions that could better address your requirements.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Thanks for the reply, yes using the standard options. To be clear, and I am sure you understood, I would want the lines in GREEN to be different (lines in the flow and wording).  I  would have thought you could have say <RED>, or :RED:, or some other tag like that, that would then automatically color the content accordingly.

INC1 -> INC2: Recognizes request, routes to appropriate AAA platform
INC2 --> INC2: Interrogates the request, \nXXXXX YYYY Pick-up request
INC2 --> INC2: Generates XXXXX pick up ZZZZZ for $x

INC2 -> INC1: Responds with ZZZZZ value

Regards,

Paul

Good morning,

I asked internally and we currently don’t support using syntax to color your UML diagram, but when you are done making the UML diagram you can right click ungroup it and individually customize the color of any item in the UML sequence diagram. You do need to be aware that ungrouping it currently disconnects it from the markup syntax part and turns it just into a diagram on the canvas that you can customize. If you needed to make a UML syntax change without manually adjusting the shape on your own you would need to remake it at that point. 

I know this is not ideal, and I have reported this feedback internally.