Skip to main content

Dear team,

I found the possibility to add custom data fields to shapes manually, which is also available without the enterprise plan. However, it seems like all shapes have separate fields - I wanted to check if there is any way to set up the shapes to use the same data fields / single-select options across shapes so that we do not manually need to create the same data field and content for each field?

I know that one workaround would be to duplicate shapes, but maybe it’s also possible to edit existing shapes in bulk?

Many thanks! 

Hi @luciduser_1234, thank you for your post. That’s a great question! It is possible to add custom data to multiple shapes at the same time.

To do this, please draw select all the shapes you’d like to add Custom Data to and open the contextual panel on the right of the editor. 

From there, you can add your custom data to all the selected shapes at the same time. In the following example, I added a shared ‘Property 1’ data field and in each of those shapes I added a ‘Property 2’ field separately as well and this is what you will see:

However please note that if you select a single shape and make changes to any of the shared fields (Property 1), this will cause the data no longer be shared. 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. 

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!