Skip to main content

I wanted to use a left brace shape ({) to group and label some items on my board. On the shapes menu there’s only a right brace available, so I created one and then rotated it 180°. But then the text appears upside down, and I can’t find any way to rotate the text back again.

Hi @mpavey, thanks for posting your question in the community! 

In the Flowchart shape library, there is both a left and right shape called “Curly brace note.” If you aren’t seeing the left one, could you try searching the shape name to see if it surfaces the shapes for you?

Additionally, if you’d like to rotate the text of your shape, you can select the text and open the “Text options” menu in your toolbar. Here you’ll find the “Rotate text” feature. 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks @Addie ! I don’t see either of those options (the shapes library or the text rotation). Are you perhaps referring to Lucidchart? I’m using Lucidspark.

Hi @mpavey, thanks for the clarification! Yes, I was referring to Lucidchart - apologies for the confusion 😀

In Lucidspark, you can drag the brace shape onto your board, and then select the shape and use the shape toolbar to select “Flip horizontally.” This will flip the shape from left to right, and your text will remain upright!

I hope this helps resolve your issue! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!