Skip to main content

I have uploaded a number of fonts I need to use but they do not display correctly. Many characters display blank rectangles etc. Some also display in italic or bold when they should not. Interestingly in some cases these characters display correctly when 'Bold' is applied for instance.

I have de-selected @UseWebGL. Also I cannot select / deselect these fonts from the inclusion menu for Lucidchart. They remain permanently selected.

Any help would be appreciated. :)  

Hi Chris

Thanks for posting on the community! Could you try opening your document in a private or incognito window to see if this is just a browser issue? Could you also try connecting to a different network? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security/speed or browser issues. These steps will help us eliminate that possibility.

If the previous steps don't help please review our Work with Text article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any questions about the intended functionality or set up of custom fonts.

There are a couple of issues that we consistently come up against with custom fonts the main being that you can import TTC TTF or OTF files as custom fonts and any other font file type will not be supported.

If this does not solve the issue please send the font file you are attempting to upload and we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you for your help and patience!

Is there a way to convert type to objects to avoid this issue?

Hi Evan

Thanks for the follow up. As long as the file type used to import the custom font is TTC TTF or OTF it is possible to convert a text string with a custom font to your shape library. Here's how:

1. Right-click the text string or shape including the text.

2. Click Add to Custom Shape Library.

3. Select a library to add it to.

4. In the left-side panel select +Shapes.

5. Expand the My libraries dropdown and select the folder you added the custom shape to.

6. Click Use selected shapes.

You will see the custom shape library appear in the left-hand panel from which you can pull the newly added custom shape as needed.

Feel free to follow up with anymore questions and we're happy to help!