Skip to main content
Solved

unable to sync to google drive

• 3 December 2021
  • 6 replies

My account is set up to auto sync but has never done this so I normally go into settings and click to manually sync any that are available.

Today however when I click to sync nothing is happening.  Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?

thanks

Tracy

Comments

Hi.  done it.  I had to log in and sync directly from the lucidchart site now via the app.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Tracy

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community!

I'm glad that you managed to sort out the issue you had encountered!

For anyone else reading this thread here are a couple of specific things are worth noting when working with Google Drive:

* Your Google email address must match the email address associated with your Lucidchart account in order for the link to function.

* Any file structure that you had set up in Lucidchart will not be carried over to Google Drive in the sync. All synced diagrams will initially be put under one folder named Lucidchart. From there you can move them wherever you wish.

* If you create a Lucidchart diagram through Google Drive the synced diagram will appear in the Lucidchart folder first-- but from there you are welcome to move it wherever you'd like in your Google Drive folder structure.

* If you delete the Lucidchart folder from Google Drive you will no longer be able to sync or use the "view diagrams in Drive" functionality (you will instead be directed to a Google 404 or 400 error). Please let us know if this is what is occurring and we can remove the link to the old folder so a new one can be generated.

* You will not be able to edit or export synced diagrams from Google Drive. Those functions have to be done from your Lucidchart account.

* If diagrams are shared through both Google Drive and through Lucidchart the higher level of permissions will be used. 

Please feel free to refer to our Lucidchart in Google Drive for additional information!

Badge

Hi, this is Sammy! I logged into Lucidspark as my new Google Jamboard application. This is my very first time using Lucidspark. I linked my Google account to Lucid and exported one of my Jamboard files. An error is occuring because I accidently deleted the Lucidspark integration folder on Google Drive. I want to be able to sync all of my files again so that they are stored in Google drive. Can you please generate a new folder? Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @ssmith5880, thanks for adding to this thread! I have removed the link to your folder that was deleted so that you can generate a new folder. For more information, please review our Google Drive article from the Lucid Help Center. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Badge

Thank you so much! I got it back! Can you also cancel my free Lucidchart account? I wasn't planning to use Lucidchart. I accidently opened a file and signed in automatically. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ssmith5880 No problem, happy to help! Lucidchart and Lucidspark are accessed through the same dashboard, so you automatically get access to both products with a free account. Your account will continue to be free indefinitely unless you decide to upgrade to a premium subscription. Please let me know if you have any further questions!