Skip to main content

I can't seem to export my chart with any of the available file options (PDF PNG etc). 

Everytime I try I get the "Getting File Ready" pop-up followed immediately by an error 'Unable to Download File" message. 

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Rhiannon thanks for posting in the community! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with downloading your document - I'm happy to help!

Here are some specific things to check when exporting your document:

• Try the export in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.

• Sometimes issues like this can be related to internet connection speed or network security. Please try the export again on another network ensuring that you are on a strong stable connection.

If these tips don't help would you mind sending me the following details via this support form so I can take a closer look at the issue?

• The URL of the document(s) affected.

• A description of the download settings (file type document pages cropping quality etc.) that you selected for the download.

• A screenshot of the error message that appears when you attempt to export.

• A screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

If anyone else has questions about downloading their documents please begin by reviewing this Export/Download Your Lucidchart Documents article from the Lucidchart Help Center and post any additional questions below.