Skip to main content

I am trying to use data linking from Google sheets but I'm unable to get the text to show up in custom shapes.

It works fine when I drag and drop onto a blank canvas I can then select a shape and the text shows up on the shape. But when I create a shape first then drag and drop a cell onto it I am unable to get the text to show up. According to the instruction video I should be able to click +T on the "Selected Shape Data" panel on the right but there is no such panel. In fact the entire Data linking panel appears on the left for me not on the right. There is no "Selected Shape Data" anywhere as far as I can tell (see screenshot).

Hi Renate

Thanks for posting in the community and I apologize for the confusion. You are seeing our new data linking experience. As you noted the data shows up on the left-hand side of the screen. You can work with the data in a specific shape by clicking on the shape that you have applied data toand opening the panel on the right hand side of the screen by clicking this icon:

Once the panel is open select "Data"

You will then be able to see the data linked to that shape and choose to apply it to the shape. 

Hope this helps!