Skip to main content

Hello 

I'm unable to right click "change shape" on my shapes... the chart was created a template.  Am I unable to use that function as a result?  Is there any way around it?  Thanks.

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for your post! The "Change Shape" functionality is not currently supported by all shape libraries which is likely why you're unable to use it in the template in question. Could you please specify whether you're using a sample template provided by Lucidchart or one created by someone else? 

Someone else.  We created the template.

So we'll likely have to go through and change the shapes manually one by one is that correct?  There is no way we can highlight multiple steps and have them replaced by a new shape from our template?

Thanks for your response Ricardo. Unfortunately the functionality that you're describing is not currently supported. If you'd like to see the feature that you're describing added to Lucidchart in the future could you please submit a feature request form? We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

If you are trying to change all like shapes in a diagram at one time to other shapes as a workaround you can always create your diagram via a CSV and edit the shapes within the CSV before uploading it to Lucidchart.  If you are interested take a look at the Process Diagram Import from CSV article for helpful tips on setting up a CSV. I hope this helps!