Skip to main content
Solved

UML sequence diagram input box jumps to top on text change

• 22 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Possible bug. When using the “UML Markup” feature for the “UML Sequence” shape set, if the markup text is longer than the screen height, any time you change the text the scroll position resets to the top. This makes it close to unusable for large diagrams. Expected behavior is that the scroll position does not change except when I scroll.

Last time I used this feature (about a month ago) I did not see this behavior.

Reproduced on both an old document and a new one, with different markup text. I was able to reproduce in an incognito browser, so I’m confident it’s not a poorly behaved extension.

Video of the issue in action:

Chrome 126.0.6478.127 on OSX 14.5 on an M1 chip.

Comments

Badge

I expierence exactly the same issue - I thought it might be linked to another issue I found in this community: 

But opening my document in a Chrome incognito window did not resolve it.

Chrome version: Version 126.0.6478.183 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @drobertssea and @Yokie crossing the Channel, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I appreciate you both attempting to use this feature in an incognito window, as this helps me eliminate some potential causes.

The next thing I would recommend is connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable)? Sometimes account performance issues can be related to internet security or speed issues. Additionally, can you try using the UML markup in another Lucid document to see if the issue persists in multiple documents? 

If neither of these steps resolve the issue, can you please send a temporary Support PIN for your document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article. I appreciate your help and patience!

Badge +1

Hi Amelia! I’m no longer able to reproduce this behavior, either in an existing doc or a new one. Either y’all fixed it or it was something transient. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @drobertssea, thanks for following up! After taking a look on my end, it looks like it was a known bug in our system, but our development recently released a solution to fix it. I’m glad to hear it’s working as expected again! Please let me know if you have any further questions!