Skip to main content

How can UML parameterized classes (generics) be modelled in Lucidchart? 

Hi Geri 

Thanks for posting in the community! Can you provide a bit more detail for your use case? Please include a screenshot of an example diagram you're hoping to create if possible. Lucidchart currently supports code input functionality for UML Sequence Markup which you can learn more about in this linked Help Center article as well as several UML shape libraries. You can access these by pressing "M" on your keyboard to open the shape library manager and then searching for "UML." Note the library specific to class diagrams too!

Please take a moment to review these resources and let me know if you have specific questions about Lucidchart functionality or your specific use case. Hope this helps!

Hi Micah 

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for functionality described here: https://www.uml-diagrams.org/template.html .

Basically this is used for generics.

Kind regards

Geri

Hi Geri 

Thanks for clarifying and getting back to me! Unfortunately this isn't currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve and your feedback is one of the best ways for us to do that! Would you mind adding your thoughts to this feature request form? Ideas submitted here are passed along directly to our development team for their consideration. Thank you for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Hi Micah

Thanks again for your reply. I've submitted the feature request.

Kind regards

Geri