Skip to main content

in the past we were able to import information into lucidcharts from google sheets using the org charts to document programming code for future reference with the recent changes to org charts our method no longer works. data linking doesn't seem to work for us either as we are now using custom shapes we need a way to take information from a spreadsheet (1) like the one pictured and using the custom shapes we've created (2) to document some coding for a very important project see example (3).

the new Org charting doesn't work for what we are doing and the only way we've found so far is to copy text from the spreadsheet into the text fields of the related boxes i.e. Argument Name. this very time-consuming. and are wondering if there is an easier way. We've also tried data linking but that doesn't work well for us either

(1)

(2)(3)

Hi Amy! Thanks for reaching out in the community. Looking at your spreadsheet, it seems like our data linking feature would be what would be most useful to you-- what trouble are you running into with it? If you take a look at this article it goes over how you can display linked data on shapes like you do in (3). If you continue to experience issues with this, please let me know and I’d be glad to continue looking into this. Hope this helps! 

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!