Skip to main content

Hi,

I was given a CSV file with a Cloud Architecture diagram exported from LucidChart (based on the “AWS Architecture 2019” template), and I wanted to import it into a new document - but can’t find how…

Please help!

regards,

Lynyrd.

Hi @Lynyrd1972 

Dealing with a CSV file that contains data related to an AWS Architecture diagram exported from Lucidchart and importing it into a new document is not possible and you have to rely on Manual creation.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Hi @Lynyrd1972 

Dealing with a CSV file that contains data related to an AWS Architecture diagram exported from Lucidchart and importing it into a new document is not possible and you have to rely on Manual creation.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Thank you for the reply1

What would LucidChart export something it can’t import back? What’s the point of having this function, that appears to be completely useless?

regards,

Lynyrd.

Hi @Lynyrd1972, thanks for this reply, and apologies for the frustration. Many find the exported diagram information and associated metadata in CSV form useful for other purposes outside of Lucidchart, but as @Humas1985 mentioned, an identical diagram can’t be generated from this form of export (as is the case with other export file types). If you are seeking to rebuild a similar or identical diagram, I would recommend starting with the template that you mentioned. Additionally, I want to make sure you’re aware of our Lucidscale product, which imports cloud infrastructure data and generates a diagram based on it for you. You can learn more in this Import and manage AWS infrastructure data in Lucidscale article from our help center.