Skip to main content

I am new to using Lucidchart and I am having trouble trying to use one of the templates. Just to get me started I would like to rename these rows to the identifier to the side of them. However clicking on the row or directly on the text does not give me the option to change the name.

I would also like to remove the "Unassigned" row at the bottom. Is there a way that's easy to remove and add rows in case I need less / more rows in the future?

Hi @chase s thanks for posting in the community! Looking at the screenshot you shared it looks like you're using Lucidspark our cloud-based collaboration and brainstorming tool.

Gantt chart and Timeline shapes in Lucidspark automatically generate the y-axis details based on the details of the individual tasks. This means that you don't need to manually modify the labels shown for the rows in your chart as you can simply type in a new Team name in the 'Assignee' field for an individual task. That Team will automatically be added to the Y axis as a new row. You can then change the Assignee field in any other tasks to that Team and the task cards will automatically move to the correct row.

This community post has some detailed information on how to modify your chart in Lucidspark and examples of the steps I described above.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

The community post was helpful but I'm still having trouble accomplishing both tasks of renaming "Team #" and deleting the "Unassigned" Row.

I do not get an option to edit the row name as you can see here:

And when I select the "Unassigned" row right click it select "Delete" it does not remove the row.

Hey Chase

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the continued trouble here. To change the Team number you will need to click on the card and select the pencil. You will see a section within that called "Assignee." This is where you can change the Team number as well as changing the Unassigned row name. 

Hope this helps clarify--please let us know if you have any other questions! Cheers!

I am having trouble moving the team swim lanes up and down and in fact I cannot figure out how to add a new swimlane. I am going to have to build it else where but it would be nice to get a tutorial to see if the template doesn't support my Roadmap build OR if I just don't know how to use it. 

The other question I had is what is the difference between your Product Roadmap Template and Gantt Chart?

Hi Yogi 

Thank you for posting in the Lucid Community! You can adjust the number of your swim lanes in the contextual panel. You can also use the right click menu to move a specific swim lane up down remove it entirely or add a new lane above or below.

For more information on how to use swim lanes please check out our Help Center article.

Regarding your other question - can you specify which two templates you are looking to compare? We have several templates for both Product Roadmaps and Gantt Charts.