Skip to main content

About a week ago, I noticed that in Lucid.ap my lucidchart documents with transparent backgrounds now appear as solid white.  I have checked the settings -- document settings -- background color = #000000.  In the thumbnail preview for the background, it shows as transparent.  However, the document background is solid white.  This persists across every document now.  I have checked this on both Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers and the same issues exists on both.  This also prevents me from seeing the grid lines, etc.

Screenshot of settings, but persisting solid white background

Hi @tpshan2 

It’s possible that toggling the rendering option for webGL may resolve this issue for you. If you go to the top menu, in the View section, then down at the bottom of the list for rendering toggle the option for webGL it might resolve the issue. Let me know if that fixes the problem for you. 

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

I just attempted this a few different ways and it doesn’t seem to correct the issue.  I tried toggling off then on.  I tried toggling off, then refreshing page.  I tried toggling off, then changing the document settings to reset the background color from transparent to a color then back to transparent.  Is there another sequence I could try with this?

Thanks for the update.

That's odd! Have you tried incognito/private window to see if the issue persists?

I have tried in both Google Chrome and MS Edge browsers.  I had not tried incognito/private mode, but just did in both browsers and still no change.

Hi @tpshan2

Thank you for your post! Do you have grid lines enabled in your document settings? 

OMG...that was it!?!? I’ve always used the grid lines and never (intentionally) turned it off but you were correct it was turned off in my document settings somehow.  I turned it back on and now the transparent background (with grid lines) is back.  I don’t know how that happened.  Thank you so much!!

Hi @tpshan2

Glad that worked! Please let me know if you need help with anything esle!