Skip to main content

I am working for a company and have moved between groups. I have a license from my old group now I got a new license from the new group. I cannot lose access to my documents from my old group. Will the old documents still accessible to me? What steps can/should I take to keep my access intact to the old and new documents.

n Lucidchart transferring documents between groups and maintaining access to both old and new documents can be managed with a few steps. Here's what you can do:

1. Check Document Ownership: Make sure you're the owner of the documents you want to transfer. If you're not the owner you'll need to work with the document's owner to facilitate the transfer.

2. Add Your New Account to Both Groups:

• Ensure that you're added as a member of both your old and new groups. You might need to ask the respective administrators to add your new account to your old group if you haven't been automatically added during the transition.

3. Transfer Documents:

• Open each document you want to transfer.

• In the top right corner click on the "File" menu.

• Select "Move to Folder" or "Move to Trash" depending on your needs. If you choose to move to a folder make sure it's a shared folder accessible by both your old and new accounts.

4. Share Documents with New Account:

• After transferring documents to the shared folder or ensuring they are accessible by both accounts you might need to explicitly share those documents with your new account.

• Open each document you transferred or want to access from your new account.

• Click on the "Share" button and add your new account's email to the list of collaborators with appropriate access rights.

5. Verify Access:

• You should now be able to access and collaborate on the documents you transferred and shared with your new account.

6. Check for Document Links:

• If you've shared links to your old documents make sure to update those links to point to your new account if necessary.

7. Backup:

• It's always a good practice to keep backups of your important documents. Consider exporting documents to PDFs or other formats as an additional precaution.

8. Contact Lucidchart Support:

• If you encounter any difficulties during this process or if you're concerned about losing access don't hesitate to reach out to Lucidchart's customer support. They should be able to guide you through any issues you encounter.

Hope this helps!