Timeline with integrated data

My team uses Azure DevOps to track our work.  Lucid has an integration with DevOps that allows you to add cards to a dynamic table, and they update their values as people make changes in DevOps.  This is great; I love it.

My issues is that I would like to do release planning and see how the work pushes out into the future.  The Lucid Timeline control should be perfect for this.  However, I cannot drag my DevOps cards into the timeline, only cards created in the timeline.  

Is there a way to get the Azure DevOps linked cards to work with the Lucid Timeline?

Hey @smckinney, thanks for posting! It should be possible to drag cards created through our Azure Devops integration onto a timeline in Lucidspark. The cards will not automatically adjust their size/position like standard Lucid cards do when dragged onto the timeline, but they should remain linked to Azure Devops and update accordingly.

If Azure Devops cards are not displaying properly when you drag them onto a timeline, they might be ‘hidden’ behind the timeline itself. To correct this, you can simply right click on the card and select Arrange>Bring to front, as shown in this GIF:

Hope this helps!

Correct, I can position the cards over the timeline.  However, if I create cards that are linked to the timeline by double clicking on it, the timeline will add rows associated with those cards, such as Assignee.  I do not see any way to create this data linkage between my DevOps cards and the timeline.

@smckinney thank you for clarifying! Unfortunately, this isn’t currently supported, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread.

I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

https://community.lucid.co/welcome-to-the-lucid-community-15/feedback-and-feature-requests-5439

Sure, our use case is pretty simple.  Azure Devops is fantastic for tracking work, but it’s not great for capacity planning.  Lucid timelines are fantastic for planning out work.  We use timelines for to lay out work on a schedule.  At this point, the timeline is just a dumb object to make it easy to lay out dates on a line.  Under that we’ll drag Azure devops cards based on when they need to get done.  The cards will be arranged in rows either by assignee, or feature.  If we were using the non-azure cards that the timeline will create for itself, it would arrange those rows automatically.

If we could drag the Azure card on to the timeline, and have the timeline own it and place it into the correct row (however the timeline is sorted), that would be perfect.