Skip to main content

Unable to find a created layer when creating a hotspot. Seems like a common issue.

Hi Tim thanks for posting in the community! Apologies for the trouble with creating a hotspot using your layers. Can you please reply with a screenshot of what you're observing when you open the Actions menu to select the layer?

Layer is created

Layer does not appear in the hotspot menu.

Hi Tim thanks for getting back to me with screenshots. I would love to take a closer look at this issue and your specific document; I've created a support ticket from this post and will reach out directly there for a bit more detail. Thanks for your help and patience!

After further investigation we have identified a bug in which a layer created on a Master Page is not present within the toggle hide and show dropdowns of the Actions menu as shown in Tim's screenshot. I have reported the issue to our development team and will be sure to share any relevant updates here! In the meantime it is possible to work around the issue by converting the Master Page into a regular page - this will cause the layer to appear as an option in the Actions menu. 

Hello! Wanted to follow back up here - our development team has resolved this issue and now layers created on a Master Page should appear within all toggle show and hide options of the Layers menu. Apologies for the trouble this caused - please let me know if you experience anything similar again or have more questions!