Skip to main content

I add text and type in the information but when i download into a pdf or ready to print it disappears.  Why do I see it in Lucidchart but not when its downloaded. 

Hi Damaris 

Thanks for posting in the Community and I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with exporting. Could you please try:

• Exporting in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.

• Exporting again on another network ensuring that you are on a strong stable connection. 

• Changing the font of your document and test the export to ensure it's not an issue with the font

If none of these tips help would you mind sending in a support ticket so that we can take a look at your specific document? Please include the document URL a description of your download settings and the exported file. Thank you for your help and patience!

not working at all.....now my whole org chart is missing the text!!!!

Hi Damaris

Thanks for the reply and for providing that screenshot. Can you confirm that you were able to try the troubleshooting steps? We see this issue most often when using custom texts and often changing the text will resolve the issue. Let us know after you've tried a new text if you are still encountering a problem!

yes i tried all the troubleshooting steps.  nothing works. 

Hi Damaris

Thanks for the response and sorry for the trouble you're experiencing! I turned your request into a support ticket so that we can take a closer look at your document. Please refer to your email for further communication. Thanks for your help and patience! 

Hi I facing the same issue as Damaris M. Text doesn't appear when i download the flowchart. I tried all the troubleshoot steps above but it is just the same. However if i change the font from "overpass" to "Liberation Sans/Liberation Serif.." then it works. What happened to "overpass" font or why the system cannot read it? As all pf my files are tally in the same font of "overpass" could you please help to check and get the font work as previous? Thanks!

Hey Mei Lih A

Thanks for adding to this thread.

If you have followed the steps outlined previously without any success would you mind sending in a support ticket so that we can take a look at your specific document? Please include the document URL as well as the corresponding temporary support PIN a description of your download settings and the exported file.

Thank you!

I'm also facing this issue both in exported documents and documents that are linked/embedded in Google Docs.  However when I switched fonts it worked.  I was using DM Sans originally (a custom uploaded TTF file) and that didn't export/embed.  I tried both Liberation Sans and Cousine and they both worked correctly.  Seems like an issue with the DM Sans font (and maybe all uploaded fonts??) at least for me!

Hi @alan g thank you for continuing this thread and sharing your workaround. This seems to be an issue related to custom fonts and I have reported this to our development team. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime your text should appear correctly if you change it to Liberation Sans. While this may not be an ideal workaround it should help you continue your work in the meantime. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Lucidchart Team and Leianne I wanted to check if there have been any developments regarding the font issue we discussed earlier. The text not appearing when the file is downloaded is causing some inconvenience it also happended with Chinese and Korean characters. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @mei lih a thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately we don't currently have any updates for this issue. However I will be sure to update this thread as soon as we hear more.

In the meantime the best workaround to prevent this will be to use one of the Lucid default fonts - Liberation Sans in your work when exporting. Could you please confirm if you are using custom imported fonts for Chinese and Korean characters? If so the workaround should apply to those characters as well.

We appreciate all your help and patience. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. 

I'm experiencing the same issue - I'm using your built-in font options (Oswald) and I've tried changing the font and changing it back (using a different font is not a preferred option). This happens when I try to export to PDF JPEG or PNG. I've tried all the debugging steps above - this is clearly an issue with loading/using the font within your export system.

Hi Jon

Thanks for continuing this thread! After looking into your issue it appears that Oswald is a custom font and not a font that is built into Lucidchart. Could you confirm whether your document exported successfully with text when you used a built-in font option?