Skip to main content

when I write text in an BPMN Task Box and I have more than one line break, the second and the following lines dissapear. This is a bug. It doesn´t make it possible to write more than 2 lines in one box.

Hi @Andreas Seibold, thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! To add a line break to your text within a shape, you will need to use they Shift key while also holding the Return key. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the issue you are running into so I can better understand what you are seeing? I appreciate your help and patience!

Hi Amelia, thanks for your reply. A photo won´t help because it would not show the process of the writing disappearing. I tried it out again and it seems that if I write a word longer than it can be displayed in the box it totally disappears instead of exceeding the box oder being broken into the next line.

It seems that I can avoid it by making a manual brake before I reach the end of the line.  

In German we have a lot of long words, so this problem ist relevant in German, in English you rarely have sock long words. 

please try it out yourself: Take a normal Form Rectangle and write some words, one of them in the third line longer than the with of the box. It still gets displayed. Then do the same with the BPMN Box and the word disappears. 

Hi @Andreas Seibold, thank you for providing that additional context! I was able to see the same behavior you described by following your steps. It is odd that the text in the BPMN shape fully disappears, rather than exceed the shape like our other shapes. It’s possible you may have identified a bug, and I will raise this with our development team.

However, as a workaround in the meantime, I would recommend selecting the Auto font size, as this should allow the text to adjust to fit within the shape, rather than disappear entirely. 

Hi @Andreas Seibold, one other thing I forgot to mention. Are you able to see this red square at the bottom of your BPMN shape after your text disappears from the shape? Clicking on this square will automatically expand your shape to fit the text that was hidden when it exceeded the size of the shape.

Our BPMN shapes have some advanced customization options, which means they may behave a bit differently from our standard shapes. Please let me know if you cannot see this square or if you have any further questions!

Hi Amelia,

yes I can see the cross and if I click on it, the box becomes as big as neccesarry and the text reappears. OK, that works. I didn´t know that. Sorry to have bothered you. Thanks for helping me!

@Andreas Seibold, no problem, glad I could help! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you!