Skip to main content

I am trying to link my lucid chart account with my work google docs account.  I have read that you can't have two different emails but when I try to change my Lucidchart email to match my work email it says the email has been taken. the system will not let me.   What do I need to do to sync them up.....  This is killing me

Hi Phyllis 

Thanks for posting in the community and I'm sorry for the trouble you're having! You are receiving that message because you have two Lucidchart accounts under two separate email addresses and you are trying to change the email address on one to the address that's already on the other. You are also correct in that your Lucidchart email will need to match the email for your Google account. To consolidate your accounts and be able to link your Lucidchart account to Google please follow the instructions below. 

1. Share any documents you wish to keep from the account under your work email to your non-work Lucidchart account.

2. Once you share the documents simply go into your non-work Lucidchart account and make a copy. The copy will show up in your account under "My Documents" and the owner of the new copy will be the non-work account. 

3. Close the account under your work email. First cancel your subscription (if you have one) then navigate to your Account Settings and select “Close Account” in the left navigation bar. 

4. Now you should be able to proceed as you were before and change the email on your account to match your work email under Account Settings.

5. Install Lucidchart in Google Drive

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Hello I have an individual subscription plan valid until April 2023 in my current lucid chart account with my personal email address. I want to change the email address of the existing account to my new work email. Also I need all the documents I created in this current account. Is it possible to transfer all the documents and the current subscription plan if I change my email address to a work email address? Please help! 

Hi Bandhavi 

If you do not currently have a Lucid account associated with your work email address you can simply change your account email address from your personal email to your work email through your User Settings page. For more information please view this Help Center article and for a brief overview check out this Community post!

If you do have an account associated with your work email address you'll first need to delete that account in order to change your main account from your personal email to your work email. Please use the instructions above in Micah's post to first share your files with your main account (which will ultimately end up being your only account that will contain all of your documents) and then deleting your account that is currently associated with your work email address. Once you've shared your files and deleted the account you can then change your account email address from your personal email to your work email through your User Settings page.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Thank you i changed my email from personal to work email address. The subscription that is active would be the same right?

Hi Bandhavi 

Yes - your account subscription will stay the same! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.