Skip to main content

I signed up for a paid account about 3 years ago and used it for one afternoon (I think) back then and haven't been back since. I was in a hurry and didn't feel I had time for the learning curve so forgot about it. Perhaps the annual invoices went into my junk mail folder but each year since then I've been surprised to see a charge for LucidChart appear on my November bank statement. 

Today I was reading more about LucidChart and thought of revisiting it and learned that my university (Duke) has a license agreement with LucidChart. I thought I might still have an account... and checked... and saw that I was charged for another year just a couple of weeks ago.  I see that there are no refunds. ....      SO what I want to check with you is whether the account I get via Duke is equivalent to what I've been paying for.  I was about to cancel my paid account just so I won't get automatically charged next November but thought that if what I've just paid $95 for will get me something more than what I get through my institution -- at least until next November -- it might be worth keeping.  But unless there's added value I prefer not to run the risk of automatic renewal.  

Thanks for your help!

Hi JoAnne

Thanks for posting your question in the community! To learn more about what's included in the free educational upgrade check out this page. If you'd like to be upgraded to a free educational account fill out this form. Once the form is submitted the upgrade may take up to a week to apply. The upgrade will be valid for one year.

Feel free to respond with any questions!