Skip to main content
Solved

Swimlanes in Lucidspark

• 1 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

I’m sure there is an easy answer for this, but I’ve been on the hunt and just can't find it.

I’d like to create swimlanes directly in Lucidspark. I’ve been able to create the swimlanes in LucidCHART, and copy/paste them into Spark, but is there a way to natively create them in Spark? I’ve looked and looked in help and all thru the Googles, but just can’t see a solution...though it’s probably staring me right in the face. The closest I’ve been able to come is to create a Dynamic Table, but that’s not exactly what I’m looking for.

TIA!

Hello,

Great question! I didn’t find a native way to create them directly from Lucidspark. However, using our new feature Quick Tools, I am able to add the shapes to a shape bank for dragging out when needed, which saves time based on the process you said you are currently using.

I started by copying/pasting the swimlanes I wanted to use into a Lucidspark board. Then I opened the “more tools” menu from the left, and clicked on Quick Tools. 

Then I selected the “Custom shape bank” and added it to my board.
​​​​​

Then I drag the swimlanes I wanted to use into the custom shape bank. Now I am able to use this shape bank to drag out swimlanes when I need them. I also found that I can copy/paste this shape bank into other Lucidspark boards for quick access (rather than following the steps above on a whole new board).

Another possible solution is to use our fast product switching tool to toggle between Lucidchart and Lucidspark to add swimlanes. 

I know this solution isn’t what you were asking for, and we are very interested in your feedback. If you’re open, would you please post your feedback here