Skip to main content

As a retired business analyst we used iGrafx PROCESS mapping software. Because I no longer have access to this software I'm looking for an alternative option. My existing map (made using iGrafx) has 14 swimlanes stretching across multiple sheets of paper. It is actually about 36" tall and 96" wide. Does Lucid has the ability to add multiple lanes (I see there are options for 1 or 3 lanes)?

Does Lucid have the ability to stretch across multiple sheets of paper?

Hi Reg thanks for posting in the Lucid community! Yes both of these things are possible. Regarding swimlanes - one or three lanes is the default (depending on the shape library) as you described but you can simply add or remove rows using the right panel. 

I've demonstrated this in the GIF below:

Regarding spanning multiple pages - first I recommend setting the size of the paper you're using in Document Settings (File > Document Settings).

Then your Lucidchart canvas will indicate the size of your diagram relative to your indicated page size. Each page is represented by a thick dashed line. In my example below my swimlanes span 4 pages x 4 pages.

If you print your document (and select the Divide by Page Tiles option) these will also correspond to the pages you print on.