Skip to main content

How do you reduce the width of one swimlane?  thanks

Hi Severine thanks for posting! You can reduce the width of a swimlane by hovering over the side of the swimlane until your cursor turns into a double sided arrow then click and drag to change the width. Hope this helps!

Does this also automatically adjust the width of the abutting swim lane?

I have been searching to see how to do this but have not found it yet

Hi George 

Thanks for continuing this thread! Adjusting the width of a swimlane won’t automatically adjust the width of the abutting swim lane. It is currently only possible to directly adjust a lane’s width individually by dragging from its top or right-side border. However if you click and drag on the bottom/left border of a lane you will move that lane and this will cause the width of any lanes below or to the left of it to be indirectly resized. 

To learn more about how to work with swim lanes in Lucidchart please read through our Diagram with Swim Lanes article from the Lucidchart Help Center. 

Hope this helps!

Same question as Flavia D

It would be very helpful if moving one swimlane divider would simultaneously re-size lanes on either side.

Hi there 

Thanks for continuing this thread! I can see how this could be useful for our users and apologize for any frustration the lack of this feature causes you. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and taken into account to prioritize improvements to Lucidchart. 

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.