Skip to main content

I have been working on a large process map for a couple of weeks and just found my swim lanes have disappeared.  The data is still there.  I'm reasonably new to Lucid Charts so was wondering if there was something I have inadvertently done to cause it?  

I have put the swim lanes back but it did take some time as the data boxes were moving with the lanes as I tried to adjust them to size.  Also wondering if there would have been an easier way?

Hi @leah m thanks for posting in the community! I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with swim lanes in your document but am glad to hear you managed to recreate the swim lanes.

As a first step I recommend taking a look our Creating Swim Lanes article from the Lucidchart Help Center. One thing to note is that swim lanes are automatically “magnetized” so that all of the shapes within them move together. You can disable this by selecting the swim lane and clicking the magnet symbol on the top-right edge of the editor.

If you have access to the feature you can also check the revision history to see if any missing objects are there. Please see this article for information on how to restore from a previous version.

We would also be happy to take a look at what may have happened or provide advice based on your use-case. Would you mind submitting a support ticket and share a URL to your document so that we can take a closer look? 

Please also feel free to comment on this thread if you have any additional questions about this. Thank you!

Thank you for getting back to me Leianne.  I'm new to LucidCharts so it was good to learn how to magnetise my lanes as they weren't automatically magnetised in some of my charts.

I had already put my swim lanes back in manually however I will raise a ticket in case your tech team can isolate the issue ... which was possibly user error! :)

Cheers Leah

Thanks for following up @leah m I'm glad to hear that the information was helpful! I also saw the support ticket that you've submitted and responded to you there. If we find that it's related to a bug I'll come back to update this thread so that everyone else can also reference this information.

For anyone who is having a similar issue please submit a support ticket with the URL of your document and any screenshots so that we can take a closer look. Thank you!