Skip to main content

How can I add swim lane label to the opposite side of the chart? I need to be able to see where I am when I am at the end of the long lane and I dont want to color it.

1. Open your Lucidchart document containing the swimlane diagram.

2. Select the swimlane that you want to label on the opposite side of the chart.

3. In the formatting options you can adjust the lane's label position:

a. Right-click on the selected swimlane.

b. Choose "Format" from the context menu.

c. In the Format panel on the right you'll see an option for "Label Position." By default it's set to "Inside" which means the label appears inside the swimlane. To move it to the opposite side change the label position to "Outside."

4. After selecting "Outside" as the label position you should see the label move to the opposite side of the swimlane making it easier to identify when you are at the end of a long lane.

5. You can also adjust the label's alignment and other formatting options to fine-tune its appearance on the opposite side of the swimlane.

hope this helps

thank you for detailed explanation. I couldn't find Format panel; nothing on right click options and none in Swim Lane contextual panel. 

Hi there thanks for your question! You can modify the label for your swim lane in the contextual panel.

If you right click on the desired swim lane you can select "Advanced Shape Options" which will open the contextual panel on the right of your editor. 

When the contextual panel is open you can view the formatting options for the swim lane labels - which include horizontal and vertical orientation of the labels as well as the text orientation. If this feature doesn't meet your needs please let us know a bit more about your use case so we can pass on your feedback to our development team!

For more information and step by step directions on how to use this feature please review this help center article. Please let us know if you have additional questions!