Skip to main content

I am able to create new shapes in Google Drawings and export them as "SVG" files. My drawing consists of unfilled shapes and lines over a transparent background. However when I import this into LucidChart the shapes become filled and much larger in size and the lines disappear. I have tried multiple measures in saving; changing line color grouping the objects etc. Has anyone successfully imported shapes from SVG files?

Hi Todd Thanks for posting on the Community! While you can import SVG images into Lucidchart the formatting may be changed to fit with Lucidchart configurations. Unfortunately you can't edit the image itself beyond resizing once it has been imported into Lucidchart.

I would highly recommend building your custom shapes within Lucidchart which will allow you the continued ability to customize individual shapes as well as building custom shape libraries for reuse. Please check out our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart for more information of how to create and customize shapes in Lucidchart.

Thank you. That took much longer to create the shape but it works better. 

I think the svg import might be defective! At least I see objects missing changed line width etc. when importing .SVG files exported from Corel Draw.

And darn it's gonna be a pain to use if import is not working correctly... :-O

Hi Anders

Thanks for continuing this thread! When you switch between to different platforms by exporting and then importing as an SVG file the formatting may adjust to match the unique product configurations. Unfortunately that may mean that it doesn't appear exactly as expected. 

If you are having trouble importing an SVG into Lucidchart please submit a ticket using our Contact Support Form and provide the original SVG file and a screenshot of the error you are seeing. This will allow us to take a closer look at what is happening.

If your SVG is importing correctly put doesn't appear completely as expected I would highly recommend building your custom shapes within Lucidchart which will allow you the continued ability to customize individual shapes as well as building custom shape libraries for reuse. Please check out our Add and customize shapes in Lucidchart for more information of how to create and customize shapes in Lucidchart. Hope this helps!