Skip to main content

I have imported data and I need to sum a column of data if another column of data is = to specific text. Below is my initial formula but I keep getting an error. 

=SUM(@"Annualized Cost") AND(x => x."Worker Status" = "Active"))

Hi Elizabeth thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community. I'm happy to help troubleshoot your formula. Just to make sure we're on the same page please reference Lucid's Formulas documentation.

I understand you're trying to sum a column of data based on a condition in another column. I suggest rewriting the the formulas so the condition is inside the SUM function. The correct formula might look something like this:

=SUM(IF(@"Worker Status" = "Active", @"Annualized Cost", 0))

This formula will sum the "Annualized Cost" for rows where "Worker Status" is "Active".

If you're still encountering issues could you please provide a screenshot of your document that includes the formulas and data fields you're working with? This will help me understand your context better and provide more accurate assistance.

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!