Skip to main content

It is so frustrating using this for anything other than flowcharts ! 

Open up the option for a [ line ] to behave like a shape ! 

I want do draw a line - and copy it rotate it  scale it and it is not possible .  Trying to make a more complex

shapes - using line connection - group together .. try to rotate it - see what happens !  All the lines are messed up . 

Hi Ami

Thanks for posting in the community. I am sorry for the frustration you are experiencing. You can create a custom shape using the Flex Polygon which you can find under "Shapes" in your toolbox.

You can adjust the shape of your Flex Polygon by dragging the purple squares along the edge of the shape.

Let me know if this shape helps you out! 

We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you’d like to see those ideas implemented please promote your ideas to our development team through our feature request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and are highly valued when prioritizing improvements to the product. 

Thanks for your feedback!

Hello Whittney

It seems that you do not understand - please try to read to the end and see what I meant. Instead of sending me replies - send me a video of how to solve the two examples I added below . Maybe I really do not know all the secrets of this LucidCharts? 

1) Flex Polygon dont offer the option for open ended shape

2) No control over the shapes lines - or Adding more lines .. and If I need to scratch my head to generate a symbol inside the shape - it is impossible to use 

3) No control over the lines themselves - Try to control and generate a curve line inside the polygon ?   

4) Connect two shapes together to generate new shape with LINE / Arrow - Try to rotate/mirror  the new shape without ending with a tangle of crazy new lines ?  Add Text over a line ? Will it stay there when you flip it ? 

Example 1: Try to generate a Bathtub graph shape with Axis's(x&y) - Text and the bathtub shape the middle - And Now MIROR / ROTATE it .  In Visio I can do that in 2 minutes. I CAN NOT do it .. EVER in Lucid Charts and I tried for much more than an hour.

Example 2: Try to generate a clock pattern  - make it into a shape copy it a number of time diagonally - and have another shape in the background ... When you are done - send me a Video how to do that ... I could not .   I am doing it in Visio / Draw.IO in <1minute

Insisting that "all is good" is why peers in my organization  are uncomfortable using it  - "NICE .. very Nice collaboration .. SO MUCH HARDER TO USE THAN VISIO !" .. "Not enough options" ...   "Can't define a shape from any group of objects with lines" "Those connection line - are doing whatever they want and not what I want" . 

It is not my product - I am just offering you again and again feedback and nothing improves. 

Thanks

Ami

Hey Ami!

I apologize for the confusion. Unfortunately our lines don't have the same functionality as shapes in the way that you are  looking for. We are very sorry for the trouble you have experienced. Please promote your ideas to our development team through our feature request form.