Skip to main content

Previously I was able to use Shift+Enter to start a new line in a text box however recently this no longer works and instead highlights some menu items. 

Is there anything I can do to start a new line in a text box?

Things I have tried:

Shift+Enter (nothing happens)
Ctrl+Enter (nothing happens)
Alt+Enter (nothing happens)

What am I doing wrong?

For reference I am using Chrome on Windows 10.

Hi Jordan 

Thanks for posting in the community! Our team has been working to reproduce this issue and find a potential cause but haven't had any luck in reproducing it. Clicking Shift + Enter should take you to the next line within a text box. Do you see this replicated when working in a Chrome Incognito window on another device or while connected to a different internet network?

While unlikely it's possible your internet network's security protocol or other settings could potentially be interfering with some of Lucidchart's functionality. We generally recommend trying to connect to a different network to help us rule out the possibility of any network interference.

Two other potential troubleshooting steps to try are: 

1. Toggling WebGL off: this can be done by going to View > Use WebGL and un-selecting this option.

2. Copy paste the contents of your diagram on a new document to see if the issue remains. 

If the above recommendations do not resolve the issue can you please submit a support ticket here?

Thanks for your help and patience!

Wow okay it seems to work in incognito - how very strange - thanks for the help!