Skip to main content

Hello,

I have created multiple shape libraries that will be required to be shared to a large amount of people. Currently as I am the owner, only I can give access out. We require a method to allow multiple people to be able to share out these shape libraries. I understand that the Edit and Share permission can be given, however I am an intern, therefore the ownership would need to be transferred, ideally to multiple people.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. 

Hi @Keval K 

Transferring ownership of shape libraries to other users is directly not achievable at this time, while things are like that - Requesting to give a try on other possibilities, which may help you, with below options.

• Grant Edit and Share Permissions
  • Create a Shared Account
  • Content Collaboration with Folders

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Hi @Humas1985,

Thank you for the response, would it be possible for you to explain further the “Content Collaboration with Folders” solution please?

Kind Regards,

Keval

Hi @Keval K 

Content Collaboration with Folders is all about "Shared Folders" with permission controls. This could be a viable option, however you have to give try to confirm.

Please make use of the article - Share with collaborators in Lucid – Lucid

Regards. 

Hi @Keval K, wanted to share a few additional details (thanks so much for getting the conversation going, @Humas1985)!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have multiple owners of a single shape library. You can, however, share shape libraries by following these steps It sounds like you’re aware of this and the need to share with “Edit and share” permissions so that others can also share. 

I do want to note that if a user adds custom shape libraries to their Lucid account > shares those libraries with the team > and then that user is deleted / leaves the company > the admin who deletes the user from the account has the ability to transfer all documents/custom shape libraries to another user on the account. 

Other than sharing, deleting is the only way to transfer documents/custom shape libraries. Please see details on transferring files here. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks! 

Thank you both @Humas1985 and @Micah for the information, it is very much appreciated! I believe the “Edit and Share” permission would be suitable for my situation.

@Keval K Great news! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to support your work.