Skip to main content

If I share a Lucid diagram in Slack do slack recipients need a Lucid license to view it?  I would imagine they'd need one to edit the diagram but what if I only want to "read only"?

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting your question in the Lucid Community! Yes the recipient of the document in Slack would need to be logged into a Lucid account in order to view the document. If you share a document via Slack it will prompt them to log in.

When sharing Lucidchart documents through Slack you have several options:

1. You can use the Lucidchart <> Slack Integration:

All of the same sharing permissions apply when utilizing the Slack integration. Lucid provides four tiers of sharing permissions that you can choose from when sharing folders documents boards and models:

• Can edit and share

• Can edit

• Can comment

• Can view

You can set different permissions for each collaborator and adjust them any time.

2. Paste a link into a Slack channel or a direct message

If you would like to simply copy the link of the document and share it in a Slack channel or private message you can visit the share menu and choose the link option. Here you will also have the option to edit access levels to allow "view" only.

I hope this helps! For more information on sharing please check out our Help Center article about sharing permissions.

@addie h When I try to share my document via Slack and go to add a user who is also integrated to Lucidchart with the same Slack workspace no names are showing up. I have tried typing in the a channel name and the name of the slack account I am trying to share with. How can I get the names to be recognized?

Hey James

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community 🥳 Unfortunately the share from Lucidchart to Slack feature is reserved for our Team and Enterprise subscription levels. Check out our Lucid Help Desk article about the Slack Integration for more information on this. 

Sorry for any confusion! Please let me know if you have any additional questions--Cheers 🍻