Skip to main content

Hello

I have created a template in Lucidchart and shared it with a colleague.  They can see the template in their  “Shared With Me” folder but we can't see how they can create a new document from the template.  They don't get an option to create a new document from the template when the hover over the board in the "Shared with Me" folder.  Any guidance would be welcome.

Thank you.

Hi Deepti 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! 

If your colleague is using the document list view they will need to click on the three dots menu at the right of the template's name to see the "New from Template" option.

However if your colleague is using the mosaic view they will need to hover over the template's thumbnail and choose from two options:

• Click on the three dots menu and select the "New from Template" option; OR

• Click on the "New" button to create a document from the template right away. 

If they have edit permission they can make changes to the template itself by double-clicking on the template document.

If your colleague is still unable to see the options to create a document from a shared template could you send a screenshot of what they see when following the steps above so I can get a better feel of their issue? Thanks!