Skip to main content

When I share a document with a specific employee how can I be sure they only have access to that document? The information on sharing states "Note: When you share a folder with collaborators you will give them access to every document within that folder."

I shared a document with one employee and a second document with another employee. I want to ensure those employees only see the document which I specifically shared with them

Hi Lee thanks for posting in the community! The statement that you mentioned in your post applies only to folders; by sharing a folder you are sharing its contents. The inverse is not true; when you share a document with another user you are sharing only that document and not any others. If at any time you have questions about what documents and folders are shared with what collaborators you can open a document or folder's details panel by opening the sharing dialogue and view of list of collaborators along with their corresponding permission.  

For more information about sharing please review this Collaborate and Share article from our Help Center and post any additional questions below. 

Thank you for your prompt reply and your confirmation. I figured that was the case but felt better checking.