Skip to main content

Why is it I can share my document with some people and other people are seeing a pop up box  about upgrading?  None of them have an account.  I have been trying to work with the help desk and it is taking forever to get a response.  I created an interactive document and can't seen to get the answers I am wanting

Hi Stacey thanks for posting in the Lucid community - I'm happy to help! Apologies for the frustration you've experienced while trying to share your document with your colleagues. Based on this thread as well as your other comment here in which you mention publishing your document I believe there are two different sharing experiences at play:

• Sharing your document: Sharing your document with collaborators by either inviting them individually or by generating a shareable link requires that all collaborators have an account to access and view the document. Additionally if you have utilized premium features within your document and your collaborators are on a lesser account type they will still be subject to the limitations of their account level which means they will see a pop-up message explaining that there are premium features within the document that they do not have access to. This sounds like what you are describing above and I would be glad to confirm if you would like to share a screenshot of the error message. 

• Publishing your documentPublishing your document allows your document to exist as a separate unique Lucidchart webpage or permanent PDF link and does not require a Lucid account to access and view. This also will not show any viewers of your document a message requiring them to upgrade. 

These two tools and experiences are separate; a published document's webpage link is different from that same document's sharable link which I suspect is why your collaborators are having different experiences when trying to access your document. I hope this provides additional clarity! Please let me know if you have additional questions below.