Skip to main content

What exactly does the setting "unrestricted internal" do?

I want to give everyone with a salesforce.com email address access to a folder and its contents but only view and comment not edit. They should also be able to copy the files save the copies to another folder on their own G Drive and edit the copies.  They can then share the copies. I DON'T want to give anyone "edit" rights on the original set of diagrams.

Hi Samuel

Thanks for posting in the Community! When you share a folder following the steps outlined in our Collaborate and Share article you can select from the dropdown below the permission type to give. It sounds like in this case the "Comment" option would be best because other users won't be able to edit documents but they will be able to comment. They do have the ability whether you select "View only" or "Comment" to create a copy of the document which they can then edit in their account.

As an alternative option you can convert these documents into Corporate Templates which would make them accessible for the whole account to access and create new documents from. 

Hope this helps!

When I share a document with my partner nothing shows up in her folder.  I have tried the shareable link as well and still nothing.  I have made sure to select that she can "view and edit".  Nothing works.  I share and share and she can see both the team folder and the shared with me folder but they remain empty on her end.  

Hi Chad

Thanks for following up! Would you mind submitting a ticket using our contact support form and including the following information:

• The URL of the document you are trying to share

• The email address of the individual you are trying to share with

This will allow us to take a closer look and get this resolved. Thanks for your patience and understanding!