Skip to main content

I currently have a document that has layers embedded within it. I want to share a link for each layer (10 in total) with my team members so that they can get directly to each layer without having to go through the main document and turn on/off layers. 

Hi Eunan thanks for commenting in our community. Unfortunately sharing each layer separately is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.
As a workaround I would consider creating a new page for each layer in the document or a new document for each page to then share with team members. Hope this helps! 

Thanks Whittney. I have used a new page as a workaround for this and added a feature request for sharing Layer links. Is there a way to transfer the Layers to new pages edit them and see the changes in the Layers in the original document? For now I just copied and pasted so that wouldn't allow for synced changes to occur between the Layers in the main doc and the Layers on the new page. 

Hi Eunan thanks for adding that request! Unfortunately the layers on different pages will not sync with the original document. Copy and pasting the changes is the only recommendation I have for you. Would you mind telling me a little bit more about your use case that I can pass on to our development team?

I am making an org chart but within each member of the org I have a layer to breakdown their titles responsibilities etc. I want to be able to share links to these Layers so my team can easily get to them without having to go through the document and search. After getting a link to the Layer I would like them to be able to contribute or edit the info within it. Thanks!

Thanks for that context Eunan! I will pass on that detail to the team. Feel free to reach out with any other questions or suggestions!