Skip to main content

Hi I'd like to create a link in our intranet so that everyone can view the process maps that way (without having an Lucidchart account). When I tried this users who didn't have an account were only sent to the Lucidchart start page which is not what I want. I know I can download a pdf and upload that one to the intranet but if I do I guess I'd have to update that pdf everytime we change the process map in Lucidchart? Is there a smart way of solving this?

Hi Sofia - Try publishing your document as a webpage or using the publish as a PDF option under the Share menu. That link is live so you'll always see the most updated version of your document without having to log into a Lucidchart account. 

Will this link be accessible by others or just who I share it with?

Hi Kathy

The link will be accessible according to the rules you set. You can either limit it to specific people or open it to be accessible to anyone who has the link. You can make these changes in the Share menu.

We are able to share the Comment-only link but our clients are being asked to sign up for a free Trial of Premium and hand over credit card details - this isn't a good customer experience.  Can they cancel past this and still comment?

Hi Alistair thanks for continuing this thread. To clarify there are two separate sharing experiences here:

• To share with users who do not have a Lucid account it is necessary to publish your document as Monika described above. For the most up-to-date instructions on how to do so I recommend this Publish your Lucidchart document article from our Help Center. If you are on a Team or Enterprise account you can also enable password protection for the published document. Ultimately the document will be accessible via a link which you can share with your collaborators and they will only be able to view not comment on or edit the document. 
  • In order for users to comment they need to have a Lucid account. Because commenting is a premium feature available only to Team and Enterprise accounts your collaborators must also subscribe which is why they are being prompted to start a free trial. Your premium subscription doesn't confer your same abilities to them and it's not possible to clear these prompts and comment anyways while on a free subscription. For more information about what is available to all account types please take a look at this Lucidchart Plans article

Please let me know if you have additional questions!