Skip to main content
Solved

Share a template

• 28 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello 

I am currently testing Lucidchart for using it in my company. I work in the Quality department and we use flowcharts to describe our processes.

I created a template so that people could use it for describing their processes but I noticed that when someone opens the template it modifies the source document. 

Is there a possibility to put a Lucidchart template on a google drive that people could download without modifying the source file? 

Thank you in advance for your answer

Best regards 

Emmanuelle 

Hi Emmanuelle thanks for the post! Google Drive stores back of your documents so there is currently not a way to store templates there. However there are a couple of options to accomplish what you are looking to do:

1. You can convert your document to a template while you're in your Documents tab. Just click on the 'More' option and then 'Convert to Template'.  You (and anyone you share this document with) will be able to use this document as a starting point for new documents.

2. This Community post describes how you can modify the document URL so that whenever anyone clicks on it it will create a new document in their account.

Hi Megan 

It worked ! thank you for your help !