Skip to main content

Hello we are creating a workflow and would like to have custom shape libraries load during a new document creation. Ive noticed that adding 10+ shape libraries causes slowness for this process. Is there a best practice around number of shape libraries or shapes per shape library or maybe overall number of shapes we should be thinking about?  

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! I’m sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with the slowness of your shape libraries. There's no official limit on how many shape libraries you should use but having an excess could potentially cause slowness. 

There are a couple of issues that we consistently come up against with slowness. Please try the following to see if it resolves or improves slowness:

• Try a different browser. Lucidchart is optimized for Google Chrome so if you haven't already please try the feature in that browser to see if it resolves the issue.

• Open your document in a Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.

• Connect to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable) to rule out any connection or security issues

• Having many page tabs large canvases on each tab and a high number of shapes on each canvas all increase the time it takes to load and update when changes are made. If you are working on a very large document you may consider breaking it into several smaller documents to improve performance.

I hope this helps! Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.