Skip to main content

Your Getting Started video shows how you can pull out from the side of an object to create connecting arrows. When I do it I get lines with no arrow heads.

How do I change it so it makes arrows? I don't want to select arrows and drop them in - I want to be able to pull them out as connectors.

Thanks!

Hi Eileen

Thanks for reaching out! In order to create connecting arrows instead of lines, change the Line Format options found at the top of your screen.

C6z7aa4tP51K8W5Id_USsQ.png

Let me know if this works for you!

GREAT ADVICE--BUT I NEED TO FIND THE LINES FORMAT OPTIONS FIRST. SEEMS LIKE ARROWHEADS AT THE ENDS OF LINES ARE THE DEFAULT OF LUCIDCHARTS. HOWEVER I'M DONE WITH ARROWHEADS CONNECTING DO MY SHAPES AT THIS POINT. CURRENTLY ALL I NEED IS TO CONNECT JUST NORMAL LINE CONNECTIONS SANS ANY ARROWS AT EITHER END. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  ROGER POAHA. (I'M A NEWBIE TO LUCIDCHART BUT I'M GRADUALLY LEARNING ALL THE IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS THAT I NEED TO CREATE MY OWN DIAGRAMS OF FLOWCHARTS. THIS LUCIDCHART SOFTWARE IS VERY EXCELLENT TO ME. I JUST LOVE THE FACT THAT I NO LONGER HAVE TO MANUALLY DRAW MY FLOWCHARTS USING T-SQUARES TRIANGLES ETC. THIS SOFTWARE IS A VERY GREAT TIMESAVER AND PROVIDES ME WITH PROFESSIONAL RESULTS IN MY FLOWCHARTS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!)

Hi Roger thank so much for the great feedback! The Lines Format option can be found along the top properties bar. To change the default style for lines you can modify a line to your desired style select the line and navigate to Edit > Set Default Style. After this all lines used in the document will appear in the style you have set.

tmmwPt0I-KZs2US3f6PIVw.png
You can find more information on how to modify lines in this Help Center article. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Hope this helps!