Skip to main content

How can I upload and apply a font in semibold? We have a special font for our company. A semibold font is mainly used for highlighting. I can upload and use the regular font, but where can I find the semi-bold font?

Hey @lmass -- thanks for posting! With custom fonts, you’d need to upload the font in that particular bold to use it in Lucidchart as you’d be unable to bold it to that particular customized bold in Lucidchart.

Hope this helps!

Hey Philip,I have already tried to upload the font in Semibold, I also see a successful upload as a message, but the font cannot be found among the uploads? I tried several times...

Hey @lmass -- interesting! Would you care to share the name of the font as well as the file type you are using to upload?

Hey Philip,

sure! The font name is “Geogrotesque” and I have 8 OpenType files (.otf), one for every “subtype”: Regular, regular-italic, bold, bold-italic, medium, medium-italic,  semi-italic, semibold-italic. However, our company only uses the subtypes regular, semi-bold, regular-italic and semibold-italic.

Thank you very much for your efforts to help

Hey @lmass -- thanks for the reply! I was able to successfully upload the font and use it normally. Would you care to send me a screenshot of what your font library looks like? Could you also try uploading the semi-bold font type on it’s own and let me know if this works for you?

Hey Philip,

That's strange. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Attached are the screenshots of my font library and the message I get when I upload the semi-bold font alone. Still, I don't see them. Not even if I close the library again and reopen it.

I was able to upload the "standard" Geogrotesque and I can see it in my library...but semi-bold is even after the single-upload missing.

Hey @lmass -- thanks for the reply! To clarify -- does this happen on all documents or only on this one? Is this happening for all team members? 

At the moment I am the only user of Lucid-Chart; there are several employees who are also interested in using the software. However, if our company font causes problems, the range of uses is significantly limited and so are the people who want to use it. Yes, I have the problem in all of my documents.