Skip to main content

Hi - I have created a large process swim lane and want to insert an additional process in the middle.  To create the required space in Visio this would just mean selecting the chosen boxes to move grouping and then moving the group.  I can't see to get this to work in Lucid and have to resort to moving multiple process boxes one at a time which is ok if there are only a few but incredibly frustrating when there are hundreds.  Have tried using arrange lock deselecting snap to etc but nothing works.  Can you advise please?

Hi Caroline thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! When adding a new lane to a swimlane shape the new lane always gets added to the right / bottom end. If you would like to add a lane in the middle simply select all shapes from the lane by clicking and dragging your mouse and move them to the new lane on the right to free up the middle lane.

If you would like to be able to select the position of the new blank lane please add your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.