Skip to main content

Hi I am looking for Lucid's data deletion policy.

Do you have a documentation how documents are actually deleted and how they are removed from Lucid's systems?

In order to use this product for certain information I need to ensure that the data can and will be deleted from Lucid's systems when necessary.

Hi Don

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community!

Lucid Software is dedicated to keeping your data private secure and safe and is fully compliant with GDPR requirements. For further information about data erasure I would recommend that you give the following article a read: How to remove your Personal Data from Lucid Software

And of course if you have any questions feel free to post them here!

Hi Coumba

thanks for the response. I have already read the documentation at the linked location. It however does only refer to PII under the GDPR but does not explain how the deletion of the data (also beyond PII) is actually done.

Seeing that there are various community posts about the restore of accidentally deleted data (and the request for the users to open tickets) I would like to understand how I can ensure that the requested deletion actually takes place. Can you provide confirmation of deletion of an individual document or if I completely delete my account?

In addition is it possible to obtain evidence of your PCI DSS AoC and your SOC II audit?

Hi Don

Thanks for following up. When an account is closed Lucid permanently deletes all PII about the account including name email address document contents and document titles. Please note that this only occurs when the account is fully closed--it does not occur when individual documents are deleted out of an account. 

There is also a window of time between when the account is closed and the PII is removed from our databases so users who reach out during that time can often restore something they’ve accidentally deleted. After that window of time the information is irrecoverable. 

We do not provide confirmation of deletion.

To assist you with your SOC II and PCI report request I’ve created a support ticket. If any other users would like to request this please contact our support team here.