Skip to main content

I imported a floorplan from Visio but all the dimensions (which only seem to be visible by holding the mouse button down over an object which is irritating in itself) are shown as centimetres on a printed page not as the scaled size they were in Visio.

Help answers say click te £gear icon" in the bottom left of canvas and choose a scale but there is no such gear icon anywhere on my page.

How do I scale? Without scaling the product is virtually useless for floor plans as you have to work out a scale factor and manually work out each shape then add text to tell you the size (and altyer it any time you change a shape size).

I se that when I click and hold what I actually get is the XY position on the page in terms of page units not the actual or even the page dimension of the shape.

This seems strange - yes the page placement is useful but better would be the actual placement (page position times scale). And what I really want is the real shape dimensions visible either on the shape or in the shape data but it is not shown anywhere.

Hi Nick 

Thanks for positing in the community! You can fix this by adding one of our floorplan libraries to your document. Simply search "Floorplans" in the Shapes menu then pin your desired library by clicking the push-pin.

Then your scale menu you automatically appear in the bottom left corner of your document. 

I hope this helps!