Skip to main content

I am not able to save a chart to my hard drive?

Hi Youssef

Thanks for reaching out in the community. All of your documents will automatically save in the cloud. They will always be accessible by accessing your Lucidchart account at Lucidchart.com. If you would like to save a document to your computer you will need to export the document from Lucidchart. You can export your document in many different file formats such as: PDF JPEG PNG VDX etc. I hope this helps!

Thanks I will try your tip

I suspect it is not possible but best to ask and make sure. Instead of downloading my Lucidchart drawing in one of the formats of other tools like pdf is it not possible to download an important drawing in Lucidchart's own format? This is more for save keeping and off line use. That is when my internet is flaky or down or when the cloud is not accessible it is very re-assuring to know that I have a copy of an important drawing that I can then upload back. The alternative is to assume that the cloud is backed up ( probably is ) and so this is something a user does not have to worry about. The other risk is that if I or my company stop paying the subscription all my data is no longer accessible.

Hi @kwee t thanks for continuing this thread! I'd like to recommend three features that may be useful for your use-case.

Offline Mode
This feature will cache your recent documents in your browser allowing you to make changes to them offline. Some features are not available in offline mode for more information please see our Offline Mode article from our Help Center.

Google Drive Integration
When you set up the Google Drive integration with Lucidchart a folder will be created in your drive where there will be a link to all of your documents. If you have a paid subscription you can also set up a weekly backup of your Lucidchart documents to Google Drive. This community post provides some great information on how this integration works!

Backup and Restore
 As mentioned above if you are a on an Individual Team and Enterprise account you can download a backup file of all your Lucidchart documents to save locally which can be uploaded later to restore the documents if needed. Please see this Account Settings and Transfer Files articles for details on how to do this! 

I hope this helps! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions about the above.